Saturday, December 3, 2016

Bond is Gone to take up new role

The Sir Robert Bond departed Lewisporte Dec 1, 2016 at around 1900hrs heading to Clarenville and under command of Capt. Keith Stuckless, ready to take on her new role running to the United States from New Brunswick. It was fitting that my father who spent many years on her as chief engineer and my father in law as captain, took her for the last time out of Lewisporte

She is now in Clarenville tied up at Burrys Shipyard where she will undergo maintenance to get ready for her new life.



4 comments:

Robert Wall said...

Dean great job & keep ,er up. Did you ever sail? "BOB".

Dean Porter said...

I did with my dad on the Bond and Caribou, but I didn't work on the boats

Robert Wall said...

Thanks Dean, your dad must be quite a salty. "BOB". P S. Will be interesting to see how bond works on new job.

Dean Porter said...

yes it will.