Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What will happen to the Sir Robert Bond...I wonder

My trip back home this pass week, I couldn't help but notice the Bond tied up in Lewisporte and wonder what will happen to her.
Other then shifting berths so the Astron can load, she hasn't moved. She is tied up on the opposite side of the dock just waiting and it makes me wonder what will happen. She has been a fixture in Lewisporte since the William Carson sank in 1977. The ship did her job well, running from Lewisporte to Cartwright and Goose Bay carrying passengers and freight. There is a family connection for me to the Bond, both my father and father-in-law both worked on her. I have heard rumors about her, but nothing for sure, other then I hope she doesn't go for scrap. at almost 40 years old she still looks good and I think she has a few more years left yet.



No comments: