Monday, July 19, 2010

SIR ROBERT BOND arrives Lewisporte


The Labrador ferry SIR ROBERT BOND as shown in this photo arriving Lewisporte, Newfoundland July 15, 2010 on its weekly run to Lewisporte from Cartwright and Goose Bay has been the work horse of this service for many years carrying freight and passengers to and from Labrador. A trip I many a few times with my father back in the 80's, a trip that takes 36 hours, but now its takes approx 41 hours with the stop. I made 4 trips to Labrador on the Bond with as I said my father, he was Chief Engineer then and he still sails on her today as Chief Engineer.
I go back along ways with the Bond, when operated by Marine Atlantic she use to visit Lewisporte twice a week, and I would go aboard to see my father, I watched and photographed her just about my entire life arriving Lewisporte and St. John's, and the last 20 years or so my father in law has been Captain on her, so I guess I do have quite a history with this Ship.

No comments: